Almost completed

This forum is all about building and using World War II spy radio equipment, in particular the Whaddon MK-VII (Paraset). For other radios, separate forums can be set up - ask the Quartermaster.

Please communicate in English. If you don't speak English (well), use Google translate (https://translate.google.com/) to convert your language to English.
Other languages are allowed but you won't reach all our members.
LA1HU

Almost completed

Post by LA1HU »

Hi

First of all - Henk, thanks for a nice forum.

My paracet project was completed a few years ago. There was a lot of collection of parts world wide. The radio worked on the first try - NO SMOKE :D
But it is only now that I am starting to make a suitable box for it. The project is probably soon finished and it would have been fun to be able to post pictures of my variant of the replica on this forum, and it wold be great to see other members show their project.
(But i noticed your reply on a post Henk - it's not yet implemented).

RX:
Well - Not too easy to tune, very sensitive as expected.
I've found that I need band spread to manage to tune rx a little easier, but it may come eventually.

TX:
Nice and stable approx 5-7 w output.
I have also tested out to sand crystals and it went above and beyond all expectations :D

It took a long time to gather parts from many corners of the world and a HUGE thank you to Paraset-Henk who supplemented with so many parts, and not least made parts for me. I'm very greatful.

Will be back with more info.
73' de LA1HU - Jan
Parasetguy
Beheerder

Re: Almost completed

Post by Parasetguy »

Hello Jan,

Nice to read from you on this Forum.
And thanks for the complements, but helping out is my "hobby" also.

Lack of time is the reason that there is no upload section, yet.
In (near?) future I hope to make a section on the web containing photos and data of replicas being made.
There is a long list on the Parasetclub-web but I need permission to copy these. On that section there will be room for you, too.

Many things to do!
regards, Henk - Parasetguy
LA1HU

Post by LA1HU »

Hi Henk

Yes things take time is understandable. I feel like I have less time now that I am retired than when I was at work. Too many projects. :)

I am looking for a serial number METAL-plate to the paraset. Either one I can have on the chassis or on the box or both. Do you have any tips where I can get something like this. To order something like this from the USA is hopeless due to the high shipping costs.
Parasetguy
Beheerder

Post by Parasetguy »

Hi Jan
No clue where to get a serial number plate.
However, in the decal set I offer in the Paraset Warehouse, are two decals to put on a small piece of aluminium. The engraving you have to do yourself or have it done in a local engraving shop, where they make name tags or engrave sports medals. Or if you have access to them: use small type number punches.

regards,
Henk - Parasetguy